If you are planning a holiday in Islay and would like to stay in Gartartan we hope we can find a week that fits with your plan. Please contact us by email or mobile details below for more information and to check availability. We are also listed on Airbnb.
We have a few conditions to keep the house in good shape:
- well-behaved dogs are welcome. Please let us know if you have more than one dog.
- we have a no-smoking policy in the house and on the decking.
- please let us know as soon as possible if there is any damage that may affect other guests.
- bookings normally run from Saturday to Saturday. The house will be cleaned and ready for you to arrive by 15.00. We would ask that you leave the house tidy and vacate by 10.30 on the agreed departure date.
- from November to March we may be able to fit in a long weekend or mid-week break.
- we will negotiate rates for parties of 6 or more adults. We ask for a contribution of £50 to our housekeeping costs for groups of more than 4 adults
- Effective for bookings taken after August 2022 our weekly rates are:
- Jan, Feb, Nov, Dec* £950
- Mar, Apr, May*Oct £1100
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep £1200
- * we will negotiate rates over the festive fortnight and the Feis Ile week in May.
- Deposit - a deposit of £200 is required by bank transfer within 7 days of booking to reserve the week. The balance will be due six weeks before your stay.
- Refundable Deposit - for first time guests only we ask for a deposit of £200 which will be returned at the end of your stay if the house is left in a good state with no material breakages.
- Cancellation - If you need to cancel we will do all we can to re-let the week and provide a full refund. If you have to cancel within 4 weeks of your stay and we can't re-let the week we will refund 50% of the total booking. If you have to cancel 6 weeks or more before your stay we will refund your deposit in full.
- Please consider travel insurance in the event of air travel or ferry disruption.
To help us prepare and to contact you ahead of your stay we will ask for your name, address, email / phone number and the number of guests when the booking is taken.